Start Date: Sep 20, 2013 4:00 PM
End Date: Sep 22, 2013 00:00 AM
Event Type: GTF Event
Who Should Attend: transplant recipient, the spouse/significant other of a transplant recipient, or have a child who is a transplant recipient
On September 20- September 22, 2013, the Georgia Transplant Foundation will be offering a marriage enrichment weekend retreat, “A Step Together.” The conference is open to organ transplant recipients and their spouses/significant others, or the parents of a transplant recipient.
The retreat is designed for those who value their relationship and want it to be strong and enduring while dealing with the ongoing stress related to transplantation. The facilitator for the weekend will be Jackson P. Rainier, PhD, a psychologist nationally renowned for his work with couples confronting the challenges of chronic illness.
A goal of the “A Step Together” weekend is that couples will share experiences, develop skills and increase their understanding and commitment to each other. The weekend at our riverside retreat is planned to include both private “couples” time as well as shared group discussion.
Please click here to order this event
Dress is casual.
The cost is $40 per couple for the entire weekend, which includes the conference and your room and meals. Scholarships are available.
- MUST be a transplant recipient, the spouse/significant other of a transplant recipient, or have a child who is a transplant recipient
- Register online with GTF (click under the price tab to register for the weekend)
- Commit to attend the entire weekend beginning Friday evening at 6:00pm
- Plan travel to arrive on time
- The retreat is not open to those who have attended before
For more information, contact Sandy McMath at 678-514-1172 or firstname.lastname@example.org