Living Donor Assistance
The Georgia Transplant Foundation supports the fundamental basis of altruism for living donation. The goal of the Living Donor Program is to provide assistance to living donors for financial hardships created as a result of their donation.
- Either the living donor or the transplant recipient must be a resident of Georgia.
- Assistance is available for hardship expenses directly created by donation.
- Applications are to be submitted prior to the treatment.
- The donor is expected to use all available sick days, but may retain up to two weeks of vacation time.
- Living donor applications are expected to show evidence of the patient/family’s support and financial planning for the surgery and recovery time.