The Dental Assistance program is designed to provide grants to both pre-transplant candidates and post-transplant recipients to assist in accessing appropriate dental care directly related to their transplant needs:
- Dental treatment plans/dental estimates must be submitted with the application.
- All dental care must be pre-approved.
- Transplant team must verify that this is the final clearance needed to be listed for transplant or verification must be submitted that dental care needed post-transplant is transplant related.
- All dental insurance must be utilized first.
- Approvals are valid for 90 days.
- GTF staff will contact dental provider for fee arrangement and billing methods.